TRASH FISH FORT MYERS
OCTOBER 23rd, 2016
The FIRST ever Trash Fish Fort Myers was held on October 23rd, 2016
Ten of Fort Myers’ favorite chefs teamed up for a delicious evening to celebrate underutilized and invasive seafood species at Pink Shell Beach Resort – Jack’s Farm to Fork on Sunday, October 23rd for the debut of Trash Fish Fort Myers! The community took part in this exclusive meal, learned about the future of sustainable seafood, and connected with leading change makers in the Fort Myers culinary community.
- Chef Ruth Cohen (Cook of Ruth) – Vegetarian dish featuring kelp
- Chef Kristina San Filippo (Purple Spoon) – Zero waste fish stew
- Chef Richard Howze (Summerlin Jake’s) – Smoked invasive carp ribs
- Chef David Rashty (Jack’s Farm to Fork) – Porgy and black drum
- A selection of white and rose wines from Kendall Jackson and Conondrum and local craft cocktails
- Entertainment provided by musician Steve Farst
Chef Sander Bergstrom, Village on the Isle // Chef Ruth Cohen, Cook of Ruth // Chef Kristina San Filippo, Purple Spoon// Chef James Fraser, Florida Gulf Coast University // Chef Richard Howze, Summerlin Jake’s Seafood & Steaks // Chef Paw Mikkelsen (Mikkelsen’s Pastry Shop) // Chef David Rashty, Jack’s Farm to Fork // Chef Pyro Rodriguez, Pyro’s Creations // Chef Brian Roland, Crave Culinaire // Chef Melissa Talmage (Sweet Melissa’s Cafe)
Proceeds benefit Chefs Collaborative scholarship and education programs.
THANK YOU FORT MYERS PARTNERS