Sockeye Restaurant Week is a weeklong celebration of wild, sustainable sockeye salmon and a fun and easy way to show support for sustainable seafood, fishing communities, and the pristine environment of Bristol Bay. While the peak of the fresh sockeye season is in July, most Bristol Bay sockeye is flash frozen at sea and available throughout the year “fresher than fresh.”
From November 9-15th, chefs and food professionals across the U.S. will celebrate this wild, sustainable resource and its year-round availability by featuring sockeye dishes on their menus and inviting their guests to taste the flavor of wild sockeye and learn about the story of Bristol Bay.
This digital toolkit is designed to give you the tools you need to host a successful Sockeye Restaurant Week in your restaurant or business. Click the links below to access how-to resources, and download materials to support the planning and marketing of your event.
Sockeye Restaurant Week Toolkit
- Use these talking points for your restaurant or business menu description, email promotion, website, and more.
- One of the best ways to amplify what you’re doing is to share your story online
- With the above in mind, please take photos of your sockeye dish – especially one that captures the beauty of wild, sustainable sockeye salmon!
- Then, use the prompts in this toolkit to tell your story on social media. Enclosed are messages for Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.
- Be sure to tag your photos and posts with #WhyWildSalmon and #ChangeMenusChangeLives during Sockeye Restaurant Week.
- For use on your business Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook
- For use on your website, and any other materials you create
Sockeye photos, recipes, and tips
- For images of the Bristol Bay salmon fishery from the viewpoint of a fisherman, check out the full Sockeye Season 2015 photo series by renowned Alaska photographer and fisherman Chris Miller. For Bristol Bay Sockeye recipes and cooking tips, visit www.bristolbaysockeye.org.
- Contact Gina Kim, Membership Coordinator: email@example.com