Chefs Collaborative seeks an intern to help coordinate and manage the organization’s social media, as well as its online engagement with chefs across the country. The intern will have the opportunity to learn about how social media is used for an organization, and lead the implementation of Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram strategies. The intern will also analyze the effectiveness of the organization’s social media platforms, and website communications.
This internship is an excellent opportunity to gain exposure to the sustainable food community and get hands-on experience working closely with a small team in a national membership organization in communications and development capacities. The intern will gain communications skills, and relevant social media skills. In addition, the intern will have exposure to Google Apps and Salesforce.
This is an unpaid 12-15 hour-per-week position, beginning in mid-February and ending in June (some flexibility available). Ideal internship length is 4 months. The intern will work out of our office in downtown Boston, MA.
The intern will:
- Manage Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram posts
- Help devise and implement social media strategies
- Publish original content on the national blog
- Draft communications to members, and create website content
- Provide personal outreach to members for summit, member spotlights, and blog posts
- Assist with administrative work as needed
- Must have excellent written and verbal communications skills, and ability to communicate in a professional tone via phone and email
- Must love social media! We want to see your Instagram feed, Twitter skills, etc…
- Experience with WordPress blogging software preferred
- Familiarity with Google Apps preferred
- Interest in the non-profit sector and the sustainable food movement a plus