Photo: 2014 Summit in Boulder, CO. L to R: Jeff Tripician, Niman Ranch; Kimbal Musk; Sara Brito, Chefs Collaborative; Chef Nate Appleman, Chipotle; M.S. Bobby Stuckey, Frasca Food & Wine.
Change Menus. Change Lives.
Chefs and food professionals are powerful change agents. The choices you make have the power to transform much more than just food.
Join Chefs Collaborative, expand your network, and connect with hundreds of like-minded chefs and food professionals across the country who care about sourcing, cooking, and serving better food and are doing their part to create a better food system. Donate or become a Member today!
MISSION: Chefs Collaborative is a national nonprofit network with a mission to inspire, educate, and celebrate chefs and food professionals building a better food system.
STATEMENT OF PRINCIPLES:
- Food is fundamental to life, nourishing us in body and soul. The preparation of food strengthens our connection to nature. And the sharing of food immeasurably enriches our sense of community.
- Good food begins with unpolluted air, land, and water, environmentally sustainable farming and fishing, and humane animal husbandry.
- Food choices that emphasize delicious, locally grown, seasonally fresh, and whole or minimally processed ingredients are good for us, for local farming communities, and for the planet.
- Cultural and biological diversity are essential for the health of the earth and its inhabitants. Preserving and revitalizing sustainable food, fishing, and agricultural traditions strengthen that diversity.
- By continually educating themselves about sustainable choices, chefs can serve as models to the culinary community and the general public through their purchases of seasonal, sustainable ingredients and their transformation of these ingredients into delicious food.
- The greater culinary community can be a catalyst for positive change by creating a market for good food and helping preserve local farming and fishing communities.
VISION: Sustainable practices will be second nature for every chef in the United States.