We will honor finalists at the Sustainable Food Summit during the Awards Lunch on Tuesday, September 30, at Chautauqua Park, in Boulder, CO.
The Pathfinder Award will recognize a visionary working in the greater food community who has been a catalyst for positive change within the food system through efforts that go beyond the kitchen.
- Chef John Ash, Chef, Restaurateur, Author, and Teacher
- Chef Jesse Ziff Cool, Chef & Restauranteur. Flea St. Cafe, JZ Cool Catering, Cool Cafe’, Stanford University campus museum, Menlo Park and Palo Alto, CA
- Chef Ann Cooper, aka ‘The Renegade Lunch Lady’. Founder and President, Chef Ann Foundationand Nutrition Services Director, Boulder Valley School District
- Barry Estabrook, Author
NATIONAL SUSTAINER FINALISTS
The National Sustainer Award will recognize a chef who has been both a great mentor and is a model to the culinary community through his/her purchases of seasonal, sustainable ingredients and the transformation of these ingredients into delicious food. There is only one finalist, so you’ll have to stay tuned!
ROCKY MOUNTAIN SUSTAINER FINALISTS
The Rocky Mountain Sustainer Award will recognize a chef who has been both a great mentor and is a model to the culinary community through his or her purchases of seasonal, sustainable ingredients and the transformation of these ingredients into delicious food.
- Chef Mark Fischer, Town, The Pullman, and Phat Thai in Carbondale and Glenwood Springs, andHarman’s Eat & Drink, Denver, CO
- Chefs/Co-Founders Hugo Matheson and Kimbal Musk, The Kitchen family of restaurants and The Kitchen Community Nonprofit in Boulder, Denver, Fort Collins, CO and Chicago, IL (October 2014)
- Chef Teri Ripetto, Potager, Denver, CO
- Chef Eric Skokan, Black Cat Bistro, Bramble & Hare Restaurant, Black Cat Farm, Boulder, CO
FOODSHED CHAMPION FINALISTS
The Foodshed Champion Award will recognize a producer in the Rocky Mountain region (farmer, fisher, artisanal producer) committed to working with chefs and who exemplifies the following principle: good food begins with unpolluted air, land, and water, environmentally sustainable farming and fishing, and humane animal husbandry.
Posted by: Hayley Fager