Today marks the first day of spring. It’s been a long winter and we’re so excited to bring back Earth Dinners this April in partnership with Organic Valley.
WHAT ARE EARTH DINNERS?
They’re an opportunity to change your menu in honor of Earth Day – even if just for a night – and highlight the great sustainable ingredients you use! We like to think of Earth Dinners as the Earth’s restaurant week.
Your Earth Dinner can be anything from a menu special to a one-time event with a local farmer. Our goal is to help you put on the kind of event you want to have, and amplify your story with the media.
EARTH DINNER INSPIRATION
Want specifics? Last year, more than 100 chefs hosted Earth Dinners! A few favorites:
- Uncommonground on Devon in Chicago, IL offered a chef’s 3-course tasting menu. Their menu featured the best spring products from their farm and ranch partners.
- Local Roots Restaurant in Roanoke, VA threw a Local Spring Lamb and Wild Foraged dinner with nearby farmers.
- Grand Central Bakery in Portland, OR and Seattle, WA kicked off an “Eat, Cook, Bake Like it’s Earth Day Everyday” Campaign to raise awareness about its year-round sourcing of sustainable foods.
- Lumiere Restaurant in Newton, MA held a prix fixe dinner. The menu included specialties such as Welfleet oyster ceviche, seared Cape Cod sea scallops, Vermont lamb porchetta and Cricket Creek Farm Tobasi.
- See all 2013 Earth Dinner events.
The deadline to sign up is April 4. We hope you’ll join us for an amazing 2014 season!
Posted by: Alisha Fowler