Chefs Collaborative members do amazing work every day – check out our weekly members news link round-up to see what’s going on around the country:
- Steve Geddes leaves Local 127 (Polly Campbell, Cincinnati.com, 10.28.13) Although Steve Geddes is returning West and leaving Local 127, he says, “It was a joy and privilege to be part of such a great community of local farmers, growers and the Cincinnati dining community.”
- From the Ivory Tower Kitchen: We Can Do It. We Must Do It. (Hari Pulapaka, Huffington Post, 10.29.13) Hari Pulapaka discusses how a lack of understanding about the dangers that are engulfing regional and global food systems will ultimately harm our generation and how we must “produce better food that is accessible, affordable, just and fair.”
- Chef Barton Seaver’s Warm and Well-Stocked Rental Kitchen (Cambria Bold, The Kitchn, 10.29.13) Barton Seaver shares his belief that simplicity is essential when cooking, for the simpler the food, the better the meal, the easier the clean up, and the more incentivized you are to buy fresh food from a local farmer’s market.
- Chef Tom Douglas dishes up advice on serving one of the most tasty Pacific Northwest shellfish (Mark Yuasa, The Seattle Times, 10.30.13) Tom Douglas doles out tips on how to cook and serve coastal razor clams, which are heading into another banner season.
- ‘On Air with Robert & CC’ to Interview Executive Chef Mike Minor at Rockhouse Nov 1 (VegasNews.com, 10.31.13) Hook Jaw Net Radio’s “On Air with Robert & CC” hosted a live interview with Mike Minor on November 1 that touched on his projects, his influences, his 100% sustainable seafood selection, and his efforts to keep his menu green.
- John Ash: Ultimate chef masters poultry (Rayne Wolfe, The Reporter, 11.1.13) John Ash produced a new cookbook, “Culinary Birds: The Ultimate Poultry Cookbook,” that features insight into the best way to put poultry on the table, including the vital step of sourcing your meat and eggs locally.
- A Q&A With “Top Chef” Judge Hugh Acheson (Anna Spiegel, Washingtonian, 11.1.13) Hugh Acheson discusses his latest projects, which include a cookbook titled Eat Well that will be a look at how to use everything in your CSA box.
- GREAT Kitchens 10-City Gluten-Free Chef’s Table Tour Collaborates with Local Chefs for Gluten-Free Events in Seattle (National Foundation for Celiac Awareness, PR Newswire, 10.23.13) Holly Smith will be celebrating gluten-free, sustainable and locally-sourced dining at Cafe Juanita on November 1 as part of the GREAT Kitchens Gluten-Free Chef’s Table Tour.
- EaterWire: Park Kitchen’s 10th Anniversary; Barrique Barrel Pours (Erin DeJesus, Eater Portland, 10.25.13) Scott Dolish celebrated the tenth anniversary of his farm-to-table spot Park Kitchen on November 2.
- A talk with maverick chef Nischan (Charles Stuart Platkin, News-Sentinel, 11.2.13) Michel Nischan is interviewed, and he asserts his dedication to being a catalyst for change in the sustainable food movement.
- Walrus and Carpenter Oysters Dinner on the Farm with Nick’s on Broadway (David Dadekian, eat drink RI, 11.2.13) David Dadekian writes about an event hosted by Derek Wagner that included a tour of Walrus and Carpenter Oysters’ farm and a dinner on the sandbar with fresh oysters.
- Sushi on Newbury, the stars shine at Volante Farms, mysterious MC Medici coming soon (Kara Baskin, Boston Globe, 11.2.13) Jody Adams and Michael Scelfo were among a group of chefs who cooked Volante Farms vegetables as part of Babson’s Food Day’s Culinary Experience on the Farm.
Posted by: Chefs Collaborative