We’re seven weeks out from the Chefs Collaborative Sustainable Food Summit, happening in Charleston, SC from November 3-5, and we’re so excited to share the lineup of Summit workshops with you!
Announcing Summit Workshops
What are you curious about: GMOs? Charcuterie? The connection between microbes and flavor? With 11 workshops to choose from on November 45h and 5th, it’s just a matter of prioritizing.
- A Vision of Greatness (Is Not a Strategic Plan) – A Workshop with Ari Weinzweig
- GMOs: What Chefs Need to Know – With Bonnie Powell, Urvashi Rangan, Mardi Mellon, Gary Nabhan
- Trash Fish: Bycatch Ceviche, Drum Heads & Other Tasty Treats – With Clare Leschin-Hoar, Chef Justin Yu, others
- Vegetable Fermentation: Exploring the Possibilities – A Workshop with Sandor Katz
- I Can Cure That – Hands-On with Chef Craig Deihl at Cypress
- Mastering the Media – With Haven Bourque and Leslie Hatfield
- Microbes and Flavor: A Closer Look at Fermentation – With Rachel Dutton, Dan Felder, and Ben Wolfe
- Hogonomics – With Barry Estabrook, Chef Stephen Stryjewski, Maisie Greenawalt, Paul Willis, and others
- Expanding Options for Sustainable Seafood – With Sheila Bowman, Chef Allen Susser, and others
- Sustainability: Table for Two, Four, or a Million – With Arlin Wasserman, and others
- The Flavors of Farmed Fish – Working Title – With Paul Greenberg, Cathy Roheim, Michael Rubino, Scott Nichols
Read the full descriptions of the workshops and learn more about the speakers. Summit ticket holders receive their first choice of workshops, so be sure to buy your ticket today and then RSVP for workshops.
Beyond workshops, the Summit is packed with full-group sessions, featured speakers, and delicious food! We can’t wait to enjoy Lowcountry and Gullah cuisine and taste some of the innovative cooking offered by Charleston’s talented chefs. See the full schedule.
We know you’re very busy this time of year, and it can be hard to take time away from your kitchens and businesses. But we promise it’ll be worth it. Please contact me with any questions about the Summit. We hope you can join us in Charleston!
Posted by: Alisha Fowler