More than more than 17 restaurants and businesses across Massachusetts are hosting Earth Dinners this spring. Earth Dinners are like the Earth’s restaurant week. They are held each year in partnership with Organic Valley
We’re really impressed with chefs’ creativity, and want to share a few highlights with you:
- In Newton, Lumiere ran a prix fixe dinner on 4/22. The menu included specialties such as Welfleet oyster ceviche, seared Cape Cod sea scallops, Vermont lamb “porchetta,” and Cricket Creek Farm “Tobasi.”
- In downtown Boston, jm Curley has a special earth menu all month long. They’re inviting the public to help them “re-think” junk food, serving up delicacies like sustainable “velveeta” cheese, and local bacon fat donuts. Read more!
- In Boston, Beacon Hill Bistro is offering a special prix fixe Earth Dinner menu based on The Chefs Collaborative Cookbook - with dishes like pimento cheese gougeres, beet terrine with upland cress salad, and seared Scituate scallops. The special menu will be available all week long through 4/28.
- The Fireplace in Brookline is offering a la carte specials all week with a focus on seasonal and sustainable ingredients – from foraged mushrooms to dandelion greens.
- Tommasso Trattoria in Southborough is also running Earth Dinner specials all week, using only local seafood.
- Enzo Restaurant & Bar in Newburyport is taking “local” to a whole new level, and crafting a menu with ingredients that come from within a 50 mile radius all week – including cooking fats and spices. See photos here.
Posted by: Alisha Fowler